COVID-19 CNRC Limited Visitation Policy
Effective Date: September 17, 2020
Purpose: To begin to allow the visitation of visitors for residents of nursing homes as directed by NY State guidance of July 10, 2020, while mitigating the risk of resurgence of COVID-19. Virtual and window visits will continue to be offered as well as the following limited in person visits.
Policy: In person visits will be limited to outdoor areas, weather permitting. Under certain limited circumstances and at the discretion of CNRC, visitation can be inside, in a well-ventilated space with no more than 10 individuals who are appropriately socially distanced and wearing a facemask or face covering while in the presence of others. All visits, inside or outside, will be supervised by staff.
All visitors MUST present a verified negative COVID-19 test result that was taken within the last week (7 days) of the visit. Visitation WILL BE refused if the individual(s) fails to present such negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass the screening questions.
Visits will be allowed on Monday – Friday, starting at 1 p.m. and ending by 5:00 p.m.
Visits are limited to 30 minutes in length.
Reservations are required at least 48 hours in advance to schedule a visit.
There can be no physical touching (no hugging/kissing).
Food and/or drink are not allowed to be shared at the visit.
- Outdoor visits will be held in a space designated by CNRC
- All visits are by appointment only.
- At this time only one in-person visit per week per resident/family will be permitted.
- All visits are limited to 30 minutes in length.
- All visits are limited to two guests and the resident.
- To register for a visit:
- Call 607-273-8072 to schedule a visit
- You will receive a call from the facility the day before confirming your visit and to provide you with any additional information needed.
- When you arrive for the visit, stay in your car and call the main number (607) 273-8072 and tell the receptionist you are here for your visit. A staff member will come to your car where you will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screening and have your temperature taken. Upon successful completion of these tasks, CNRC staff will direct you to the visitation area and will assist your loved one to your visit.
If any visitor fails to adhere to the established protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.